Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Madi Diaz

My friend Corey introduced me to Madi Diaz a few days ago, and ever since I've been spinning into a comfortable music tizzy. Madi Diaz (which is actually Madi Diaz and her pal Kyle Ryan) recently released an otherworldly EP, Ten Gun Salute. I've been listening to the first track on the record, "Let's Go" over and over and over again. The song writing is brilliant; the toy piano, perfection. The first song on the video below, "Love You Know," is on the EP, as gorgeous as ever. 

Madi and Kyle write with a kind of wisdom that settles nicely into itself. It seems they have the musical hearts of a seasoned phonograph singing beautifully in a soft corner - the kind of music you want to have in your ears on a still day in a big city. Without hesitation I'm filing Madi Diaz into my folder of favorite singer/songwriter ladies alongside Neko Case and Rachael Yamagata. I have a feeling she'll be around a long while.  

Visit the Madi Diaz site here to listen to some more tunes and buy Ten Gun Salute.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment