Sunday, January 25, 2009

Waiting for the 1 Bus

Yesterday while waiting for the 1 Bus on Mass Ave, I turned around quickly when something behind me made a loud crash. Finding that the noisy commotion was nothing more than the quick closing of a store front gate, I turned back to the street. Despite the cold in my eyes, I was halted by a small, white address label stuck to the bus stop shelter. 

The label looked like one of these

On it, in small, plain, left justified font, it said:

The first time someone shows you who they are, 
believe them. 

And I'm not entirely sure what that means.

I mean, obviously, I know what the words mean, but I think here, the meaning is buried entirely in what the writer meant. Which now that I'm thinking about it, might always be the case. 

Either way, I know it's important. And it changed my day yesterday. And it changed my day today. And tomorrow starts in 36 minutes, so it might change my tomorrow too. 

1 comment:

  1. I love little surreal happenings like this.

    ReplyDelete