Thursday, January 8, 2009

Strings and Sealing Wax and Other Fancy Stuff

Last weekend when I was home for winter break, some friends and I found ourselves curled up in my living room with freshly emptied wine glasses and months and months of life to listen to. We tangled through the messes of friendships, relationships, all those ships, and stumbled upon parts of ourselves that had been lying dormant. I could write for days and days about my beautiful, brilliant friends, but their stories are not mine to tell. 

Somewhere between old jokes and new adventures, we found ourselves stuck on a single armchair anomaly: The Internet. The realization of the absolutely indefinite wealth of information weighed heavy on our shoulders. Where were we to find ourselves amidst pages and pages and pages of words and words and words? How could we possibly hope to leave a mark in this world within our own? 

Although it's scary, we must. Because there is something enticing about the unexpected pairing of anonymity and exposure in this online world of ours. 

So here it is, my mark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment