Monday, September 28, 2009

Sweet Sweet South Ken

Home is a fickle little anomaly of sorts -- something of a mashing between familiar and comfortable and predictable. Little by little my London life is beginning to feel a bit more like home. I find myself missing Boston more than I expected, but I think it's just the confusion of existing in the space between two places that I've fallen in love with. I feel like I'm cheating on Boston with London and London with Boston. It's a shame I can't strap time into my sidecar and take it with me, only unbuckling it when I feel city satiated.

But, for now, this is home or something like it:

2 comments:

  1. oh I can so relate. When I am in Boston I can feel the tug of London and when I lived in London I felt the tug of home! Your pictures make me miss it even more - have you been to Regents Park yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have. The rose gardens rendered me absolutely speechless. So so unbelievably beautiful.

    ReplyDelete